What's the meaning of the required parameter zoom?

Hello,

I’m running the Incident details endpoint of the Traffic API to get real-time incidents. I don’t want to cluster incidents, I want to have information on each incident. Hence I’m setting style to night, but I don’t know what value to choose for parameter zoom. I’ve checked and it takes values from 0 to 22, but what does each value correspond to and what exactly is zoom?

Many thanks!

Hi.

In general you should use a zoom level similar to your current map view zoom. Of course it’s harder when you are not using a map at all. Therefore, we created a Traffic Tutorial application so that zoom and a bounding box parameters can be visualised better. Hope that will help a little bit.

Regards,
Mateusz

1 Like

Hi Mateusz,

Many thanks for your help.
I’ve now tried the Traffic Tutorial and “played” with the zoom levels to fit my bounding box inside the map. But in terms of output, given that I’m setting style to night (to get individual incidents instead of clustered) does it make a diference to use different zoom levels? i.e. could I potentially get different outputs by setting zoom to 8 vs. 22 (as an example)?

Many thanks again.

Regards,
Sofia

Hi.

When you are using a night style, you should receive the same results for zoom greater than 5.

Regards,
Mateusz

1 Like

Many thanks Mateusz!

1 Like