Way to save user map route and retrive it whenever required

Is there any way to save the user’s map route on tomtom server and access it whenever required using API for provided user’s id? -> In my project, I have the user’s all data on my local pc database. User will search for route from A to B and then I want to store that route on either my local database or tomtom database with user id , so I can access that path again using user id through api.

Hi.

I’m afraid that TomTom doesn’t provide such functionality, but I think that you can store a user ID, origin, and destination points so that you will be able to query API again when needed …

Regards,
Mateusz

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply,

But, If map data got updated at the tomtom server and there is another shortest path then API will return that new path, but I want that same path that user have selected before.

I see your point.

One way to mitigate this without breaking (IMO) the T&C rules might be not asking only for route A -> B, but instead, use multiple waypoints inside the call, which will increase the probability in the next calls to retrieve the same route.

Regards,
Mateusz

2 Likes

Thanks,
This will work great.