Traffic:true causes no route to be returned

I am having trouble with routing to a particular destination. In my app it is not possible to route to this destination (50.70005,-3.51274) (returns a 400 error, NO_ROUTE_FOUND). I can understand that it is not always possible to return a route and in this case the destination is a pub which must be reached on foot crossing a canal so it makes sense.

However, I generally expect that the routing API will try to find a route to near a point where possible. I was surprised to discover that if I set traffic:false in my request I do, in fact, get a route as I would expect. It is only when traffic:true that I get this error. This seems a bit strange so I thought I would check if this is expected behaviour?

I have created a demo to show this behaviour:

As you will see, when traffic:false a route is returned but when traffic:true an error is returned.

Thank you for your help

A road towards this place is marked as closed:

I’ve observed this again with another location as shown in this codepen. It seems to be that when traffic is enabled the routing engine is not very good at dealing with locations where it is not quite possible to make it all the way to the end of the route as in this case where the destination is a football stadium which requires a walk from the carpark.

Hi,
As we do not support multimodal travel, the route is trying to go as far as possible by car. However, in this case, the road is closed as well: