Sources for POI's

Hi there,

I was just wondering what TT uses as reference sources for the POI’s?

I am trying to list all veterinarians in the Netherlands (categorySet 9375)
According to the API there are around 900 vets, while in reality the number is more than 1500…

So either I have the wrong categorySet or my queries are not extensive enough??

Thanks!

Hello Cees,
happy to see you are using our APIs.
I have quickly do some check and came up with 1,151 results using the 9375 category set. The category set is correct and you should use this one only.

To help you further I have few questions before I can answer yours:

• which API did you use? could you maybe share with me the exact query (please make sure to remove the key)
  • where does the 1500 comes from?

Kind regards,
Bogumila

Hi there,

I have used:

https://api.tomtom.com/search/2/search/.json?typeahead=true&countrySet=NL&minFuzzyLevel=1&maxFuzzyLevel=2&categorySet=9375&view=Unified&relatedPois=off&key=XXXX

For I have used all of the Dutch provinces and looped through them.

The Netherlands knows at least 1500 veterinarians according to the official Dutch union: www.dierenarts.nl/zoekresultaat/

Cheers,

Cees

Hello Cees,
this is indeed a very good query and I see nothing wrong with it. I have run it and came with 1136 results (see below). It is still not 1500, but there might be some % of POIs simply missing from our data.
Does it answer your question or is there anything else I can do for you?
Kind regards,
Bogumila

1 Like

I was just wondering where you guys collect your data from. I have tried Foursquare API (also not 1500) and Google Maps API (nowhere near 1500)

TomTom collects, merges, deduplicates and unifies POI data from multiple sources, different for different POI category. Foursquare is one of them, but definitely not the only one. We are not always in position to share all the sources we are using.

1 Like

Fair enough. Thanks for the help!

1 Like