Relation between zoom and confidence values in flow segment traffic

I need to know is there any relation between zoom request parameter value, and confidence response parameter value, decreasing the zoom value will effect what cause i have a limited number of requests and i waste many of them decreasing the zoom value because the request with a high zoom values say that ‘Point far away from segment’, so i need to know if using smaller zoom value will effect something specially the confidence value?

Thanks in advance.

Any Answer here please ??!

Hi.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

If you are asking about any relation between the zoom parameter and confidence field in the response, there is no correlation between them.

Regards,
Mateusz

1 Like

Thanks for your attention, so what the zoom really effects ?

Hi.

Initially, the API was designed to be used together with the Map Display API. When you will start using it next to the map visualisation, the zoom parameter value will become more transparent and easier to understand. In general, if you don’t see a particular road segment, it means that API will not take it into account when matching to the closest road. When you’ll increase a zoom, so that smaller road segments appears on the map, the API will match for those smaller segments and return a result.

Hope that it’s more clear now. Let me know if you’ll have more questions.

Regards,
Mateusz