Dynamic routing

Does the TomTom API’s support dynamic routing similar to other routing application? I see it provides raw instructions. Does it update based on users current location?

Hi Dominic.

You might want to check the Map Driving Extension which together with maneuver list feature should cover your use case.

Hope this helps.

Thank mate! I can see that last November you updated the SDK version on the ‘Search along a route example application created using TomTom Maps SDK for iOS.’ on github.

When I clone the repo and try to test it with my API keys the build fails. Is that an issue with my configuration or do I need to push an issue on the github. Here’s the error:

error: /Users/dominiconorton/Desktop/Projects/tomtom-use-case-search-along-a-route-ios/Pods/Target Support Files/Pods-SearchAlongARouteIOS/Pods-SearchAlongARouteIOS.debug.xcconfig: unable to open file (in target “SearchAlongARouteIOS” in project “SearchAlongARouteIOS”) (in target ‘SearchAlongARouteIOS’ from project ‘SearchAlongARouteIOS’)

error: /Users/dominiconorton/Desktop/Projects/tomtom-use-case-search-along-a-route-ios/Pods/Target Support Files/Pods-SearchAlongARouteIOS/Pods-SearchAlongARouteIOS.debug.xcconfig: unable to open file (in target “SearchAlongARouteIOS” in project “SearchAlongARouteIOS”) (in target ‘SearchAlongARouteIOS’ from project ‘SearchAlongARouteIOS’)

error: Unable to load contents of file list: ‘/Target Support Files/Pods-SearchAlongARouteIOS/Pods-SearchAlongARouteIOS-frameworks-Debug-input-files.xcfilelist’ (in target ‘SearchAlongARouteIOS’ from project ‘SearchAlongARouteIOS’)

error: Unable to load contents of file list: ‘/Target Support Files/Pods-SearchAlongARouteIOS/Pods-SearchAlongARouteIOS-frameworks-Debug-output-files.xcfilelist’ (in target ‘SearchAlongARouteIOS’ from project ‘SearchAlongARouteIOS’)

I can make a separate issue if you’d like?

You are welcome :wink:

I don’t think that it’s necessary to create an issue. Your build is failing most probably because you have missed our Prerequisites section inside the Search along a route tutorial and you did not run pod install command. Instead, you have opened the SearchAlongARouteIOS.xcodeproj file.

To quickly wrap up the steps:

1. Clone the repo using git clone git@github.com:tomtom-international/tomtom-use-case-search-along-a-route-ios.git command.
  2. Go to the project folder: cd tomtom-use-case-search-along-a-route-ios
  3. Run pod install command. You should see an output like this:
  4. Open a newly created SearchAlongARouteIOS.xcworkspace file inside the Xcode IDE or just by executing open SearchAlongARouteIOS.xcworkspace from your terminal. Your build should succeed at this moment.
  5. Replace the API keys inside the Info.plist file.

Let me know if this helps.

1 Like

This is great thank you

1 Like

Hi, how did you manage to change route when a the user’s point coordinate doesn’t match the planned route?