TomTom Developer Community Code of Conduct
Hello & welcome to our Developer Community. We are excited that you are here. Before you get started building - we want to make sure you’re aware of our Code of Conduct. We have this code to ensure that our community remains a place for you to learn, get inspired and find help.
- To maintain a safe place for users to learn, find resources, ask for help, share content and talk about their projects.
- To create a diverse and inclusive community that enables users from different backgrounds and levels of experience to participate in the conversation.
- To be a knowledge base for users to quickly find answers while they are building their projects.
We believe by agreeing and following our Code of Conduct that we will achieve these goals. Remember, this is your community. We ask that you help us keep it fun, educational, helpful and a safe space to learn and grow.
- The TomTom Developer Community is available for individuals 13 years of age or older.
- Be kind & respectful in your posts and responses to others.
- Look out for one another.
- Cite your sources.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Report any kind Code of Conduct abuse to [community email].
- Use welcoming and inclusive language when posting.
- As a participant of this community you agree to uphold this Code of Conduct and are responsible for all content you share.
- Stay humble, remember you had a first day of coding – please be welcoming to others of all levels of experience.
- Conduct or speech which might be considered sexist, racist, bigoted homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise deemed discriminatory or offensive in nature.
- Publicly or privately harassing other users in the community.
- Discriminating against others in the community based on their background
- Threats of violence or violent language.
- Links to websites that’s require payment to access information.
- SPAM is not allowed and will be removed
- Post links to external sites that violate TomTom’s Code of Conduct.
- For your security, sharing any API keys in published posts or comments is not allowed.
To ensure we maintain a safe and inclusive community, we will not tolerate users who disregard our Code of Conduct.
- Please understand how you conduct yourself in our community has consequences. Moderators have the ability to remove users who show unacceptable behavior.
- While we do have moderators to enforce rules, we appreciate any support from the community. If you are the subject of, or witness any violations to our Code of Conduct, please email us at [EMAIL].
Tips and Tricks
Starting in a new community can be daunting. To make sure that you have an easy time getting started, here are a few tips that should make posting a little easier:
- Search before you post. There’s a chance someone has already asked the question you have. If you don’t find a post, check out our FAQ.
- Keep conversations on track. Try to keep responses on topic to avoid confusion in the threads.
- API keys should be redacted. Instead of sharing the whole key, share the first and last three letter. For example, “PQo…UOi” is good practice.
- Be cautious about accepting direct help from another user outside of the TomTom organization. If a user suggests support through remote access, be very careful that they will have access to your computer – make it more prone to being hacked.
- Be careful with your personal information. Anything you post in the community is now in the public domain.
- Avoid sharing personal information like your address or phone number – this information could be used to steal your identity.